View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #81
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
I was a great reader in my teens. Read GWTW by 16. Was reading all the John Jake historical novels. Then started with Joanna Lindsey and Kathleen Woodiwiss from the library. My mom had no issue with us reading romance in our teens. She thought that hiding that part of life was part of why kids get in trouble. She would ask about the stories we read. Now she complains that I have to many books and should get rid of some. I can't seem to want to.
You have to understand my background. I went through alot growing up but books other than the Bible and religious texts, books were looked down on. I never had a library card. I use to have my niece who went to public school get me books from her school library. She could checked out 5 books so she gave me two of her slots. She would bring me Sweet Dreams and Sweet Valley High books. I read my first Harlequin at a ER Waiting room while my sister who practically lived at the hospital in her younger days was being seen. I think I was in my younger teens it was Hawk of Venice by Sally Wentworth. I was hooked!

It wouldn't be but a few years later when I discover inspirational romance through one of those book club mailings. You know get 4 free books to join a club. It was inspirational books so I was tricked my mother into letting me join. I got 3 inspirational romance and one bible. The books were by Linda Chaikin. Her Buccaneer series. Which is why I love all things swashbuckling I think. I still have them to this day. They are my most treasure possession but it was through that club I got the mailing for Heartsong Presents and was able to join it. They sold my name to a million junk mail lists and then got the mailing for Harlequin and it just got better from there with buying books. At 18 I rebelled and bought whatever books I wanted. I had quite the collection by the time I married at 21 and finally left that place.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote