View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #95
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavorite View Post
I used a three pin fan connector when I did the original wiring. Ground in the center, just in case I needed to exchange RX and TX.
Resoldering on PCBs is best avoided. Lifted pads are not fun.
I usually do connector layout so that you can safely short any two adjacent pins together (whenever possible). Just personal preference after a lifetime of electronics hobby and work experience. In this case, I would do "GND-RxD-TxD". Another benefit (for SIP pin headers) is that you can use a jumper to test RxD (loopback).

But then you need to know which side is GND, of course.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote