View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Reading the same book on two Kindles

So, Mrs L and I both decided we wanted to read The Girl Who Played with Fire. We both have Kindles, but mine is registered to my US account, and hers to her UK account. So it looked like we would have to buy two copies of the same book.

At first, I though I would de-register my Kindle from my US account, and register it to her UK account. That way, we could easily (and legally) share the book. But I decided not to do that, mainly because I generally buy books that are available in the US. Her Kindle has wireless access (mine doesn't), and she prefers to use wireless to buy books, so didn't want to register hers to the US.

In the end, I adopted the obvious solution (well, it's obvious to me). But I wonder what other folk would do in that situation?
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote