View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm65 View Post
I am not keeping the book in calibre.
If you put it into Calibre's library, then you can save it out with any name and in any folder you want. You can also use the command line tools to convert the book without putting it into Calibre's library

Quote:
Let me rephrase the question, so I can actually get the answer I need.
Do i ahve to keep the folder named as the way Calibre does it?
"Yes" if you are asking about Calibre's folder, "No" if you are asking about the folder you save it to, or the folder you do a command line conversion in.

Quote:
Do i have to keep the .mobi named as it is?
Same answer as above.

The easiest way for a beginner to do what you want is to just add it to Calibre, save it out using Save to Disk with any folder and filename you want, then delete it from Calibre. Set the folder and filename in Preferences|Add/Save|Saving Books. In the long term, learning to use the command line tools for conversion would make sense.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote