View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #36
mdb139
Enthusiast
mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android (Samsung Captivate)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowfrog View Post
I didn't think it was all that bad. A little slow getting going, but if you don't focus on Tom Cruise's physical differences from the book descriptions of the character, they did a decent job with the adaptation.

My wife on the other hand thought the movie was really bad.
I've read all the books (they are among my favorite, and I also appreciate that Child and publisher don't gouge me for buying the books when they are released). Totally agree - the movie was not bad if you can get past the physical attributes and I thought they did an okay job of adapting the story and dialog. Plus I'm from Pittsburgh (don't live there now) so I appreciated the scenery as well.

My wife enjoyed the movie, though we perhaps went too soon after Newtown, and I'm sure the movie will suffer for it.
mdb139 is offline   Reply With Quote