View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 12:35 PM   #24
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
OK... so I submitted this question to NowNow:

Are there any consumer protection laws in the US that prohibit a retailer from selling a returned product as new? If so can you also cite the federal regulation the enumerates these laws?

I got three responses. Basically they all concur that to sell returned goods as new is fraud. The first two responses had no cites or even a source specified. The third response did give a source of https://www.gencomarketplace.com/sws...nk=MakingMoney however no CFR cites were forth coming.

BOb
Well, that tells me that they are no more expert an opinion than you would get from a man on the street. I'm certain if you polled a bunch of people, who knew nothing about the law, about any facet of the law, you would get a lot of opinions that didn't actually reflect the law.

If they can't provide any USC or CFR citations, then there is no proof to the assertion. If you buy a car and decide to return it that same day ... do you think the car dealer sells it as "used" .... what about a book store that sells you a hard backed book, and you bring it back an hour later after changing your mind?? Do you really think they don't stick it back on the shelf??

I'll read whatever source that was cited, but you are going to have to come up with something concrete before you convince me. Not just some vague opinion of someone with no legal credentials.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote