View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #19
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
For some kinds of novel, I find that there's no real need to mentally masticate over the subtleties of character development and plot, and the faster I can dump the story into my head the better. And that's what it really boils down to with that kind of book, for me at least: reading faster = getting more story = more enjoyment.

I do read faster than most people do, although not at "speed reading" speeds. For this kind of content, I've never worried about retention either. I mean, who cares? As long as I can remember the content long enough to get to the end of the book without getting confused, that's all the retention I need.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote