View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 05:24 AM   #15
Blue Ion
Blue Ion began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
One think you might want to consider if you haven't already bought. Astak is coming out with a holiday gift pack next week with a lots of stuff included. No word on the price yet, but the details are in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61533
Well, I'll be damned. I just ordered a couple of days ago an Astak Pocket Pro in Maroon and the Mighty Bright LED clip-on could have proved an interesting option (since I still have to buy one of those).
Though on the other hand, the device is under a 50$ saving until december, so perhaps, this Christmas gift comes a the expanse of a higher or just normal price of 250$ if it starts on december.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaas View Post
Did you think of looking at a Pocketbook 360? It is also a 5inch reader albeit for 240€. I have recently bought one and am very happy, as it is very stable (really important in an ebook for me), supports everything I could wish ( full justification, custom margin sizes, fast page forwardt, good file support, a page and time indicator, and dictionaries) and reprogrammable buttons...

The best E-ink reader I have experienced so far!

cheers,
kaas
I did take a look at the Pocketbook 360 though aside of being a bit expansiver, I wasn't very fond of the button layout. The dictionary extra was tempting, but we all know English quite well to actually miss it and, well, hehe, it too late already.
My item has left San Francisco

I wanted to order as early as possible because if I'm unlucky, customs can prove to be a nightmare in Spain and I REALLY want to have the thing by Christmas.

Thanks you all for everything, and let's hope it turns to be a worthwhile gift.
Blue Ion is offline   Reply With Quote