View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 02:40 AM   #35607
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Back from shopping and drinking an afternoon mug of Keemun tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Catching up on everything, I see Stitchawl is home.. Welcome back and the description of the young women changing is what is said happens to young latinas.. young, single, beautiful then married, kids, and then poff!
"Fat" doesn't quite fit. By 30 years old, with 3-5 kids (98% Roman Catholic in Micronesia thanks to the Spanish and Portuguese,) a diet that puts 'Spam' into 10-15 meals out of every week, and these women add a whole new dimension to the definition of 'fat.' 150kg on a 5' tall woman isn't unusual...

Quote:
My friend says they must have a fat gene that kicks in.
Something sure does, cuz you see the same thing happening in Saipan, Rota, Guam, Chuuk, Pohnpei and Kosrae. For some reason, it doesn't seem as big a problem (no pun intended) in the Western Caroline islands, which make up the south western end of Micronesia.

Betty, have you tried talking with an osteopath? They work on the principle that the body 'should have' healed itself, and if for some reason it stopped in the middle, gently (the definition of this one that my osteopath uses is very different from mine...) re-injuring the tendon and letting it get back to work healing itself has worked for me with the bicep tendons. It hurt like hell when he was digging his thumbs into the tendon, but then over the next two weeks all pain was gone, and my shoulder didn't hurt at all. Of course, then I re-injured it when I went paragliding, so I'm going to have to do it all over again.... Fortunately, I didn't re-injure my knees so they still are pain-free. I sure wish osteopaths could use anesthesia...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote