View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
Thanks a lot, ilovejedd. "portable" sounds a little fishy, is it a watered down or "lite" version? Do I loose anything on the "portable" version? I currently have version 7.45 installed and that was the last version via which I had successfully converted some huge mobi files to epub without any issue - my files each have literally thousands of inter-linked notes, and for reason I don't understand, several later versions I tried all failed on me on these particular conversions (the notes don't get converted properly or the links broke). I would like to keep this version intact, but this version has some issues with epub-txt conversion so I would like to install a new version at the same time so I can do my other more general txt-epub conversion.
Nope, not watered down at all. All the functions of calibre are there. It just keeps all settings, etc in its own folder. Since you already have 7.45 installed on your PC, you can just keep that one as a native install and use the portable version for the newer releases.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote