View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 12:02 PM   #17
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogwai View Post
Hey, I am seriously thinking of getting the new Kindle Wi-fi. The price is just too good to pass up. But I'm still left wondering about one major issue for me : will I have to pay import fees to get it shipped to Belgium, and if so how much?
If you're staying under €150 (excluding S&H) you should be fine, meaning you'll only have to pay your customary 21% VAT but no customs dues on top of that. But, yes, Amazon will handle that for you on the final checkout page.

Quote:
And also what's this with the amazon protected drm? Does this mean I can only put up books I've purchased from the Kindle store?
No, you can also convert other, non-DRM files to the Kindle format. Look up "Calibre", it's great for that. Free PDFs should also work to some extent, but that's always iffy.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote