View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
looking for something durable, for my 9-year old

Hello,

My 9-year old daughter is an avid reader. She really likes my ebook reader, and has expressed an interest in one for herself. However, seeing as how she's just 9 and sometimes accidents happen, I'm on the look out for something that is a bit more durable. Although I love the e-ink display on mine, I don't think that's the best option for her. I'd hate for her to drop it and have the screen break. What kind of devices are out there that would work well for a child? I'm not too concerned at this point as to what format it uses, as I don't anticipate buying books for hers. I'll probably just find things in the public domain. Although if it did use adobe epub that would be a plus, as she would be able to check ebooks out at the library. Right now she is using my old Palm T/X, and although she loves it, it's old and the screen does not fully calibrate any more. Not all the places on the screen respond to the stylus, and most of the time it clicks where she's not trying to go. It's nice being able to play games and things, but that's really not a big deal. I'd rather find her something that just works well for reading books. I'm not looking for a touch screen device. And I'm not really looking for an ipod either, as that's just as expensive as an e-ink device, so I'd prefer something that costs less, if possible. I'm not looking for something to do anything except read books. I guess my main concern is something that is durable. She is pretty responsible, but accidents happen. Oh, and also I'm not wanting to spend too much money. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote