View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 04:58 PM   #3
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Why Sony will struggle with the Reader: iWoz.

I nearly fell asleep last night paging through their book store, nothing exciting enough to order. Yawn...

To get the book I really want to read I had to hit up Amazon and use Prime to get the hard back shipped to arrive tomorrow morning. Then I'll have to run it to Kinko's to get it de-spined and then process it over lunch.

I'll be reading it on the bus home using my iLiad and probably finish it this weekend (assuming my wife lets me) on the Reader (as a re-flowed BBeB no less.)

People may complain about "Where's the back light" but all I have to say to them is "Dude, when you read a book, does it have a back light? Did books fail because they didn't have back lights???"

When I wanted iWoz, I knew where to get it, and it was there. And that wasn't at the Sony Connect Store.

Now I think back to the days of my Rio. Nothing exciting at the first "online MP3 stores". You'd flip through page after page of unfamiliar never heard of them not going to spend my money on them titles. Then you'd go to Tower Records and get the hot new Madonna CD, bring it home and carefully navigate your way through your kit of tools to rip the CD into MP3's to feed your Rio.

The Deja Vu is nearly giving me whip lash.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote