View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
Is there any way to take the book formats from Library1 and add them to the existing metadata in Library2? Please note I'm trying not to add a bunch of records that I need to delete or merge afterwards.

So can anyone offer assistance on how I can merge Library1's files into Library2's metadata without lots of manual effort?
Hm. If neither Add Books nor Copy to Library see the incoming books as duplicates (which is what you want, in this case), you're pretty much out of luck, I think. So you'd have to make sure that they do.

Perhaps a Save to Disk with a fitting save template, followed by an Add Books with a matching template in 'Configure metadata from file name' would work? IIRC, author and title must match for a book to be considered a duplicate when adding/copying.

New formats get added to the existing record, duplicate formats get handled as configured under Adding Books -> Automerge.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote