View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 02:12 PM   #12
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I suppose it will likely be end of the year when everything is finalized before we really know what Access plans to do, and where they intend to focus their efforts and resources. I'll be on the edge of my seat until then, because it could mean anything from a focus on feature phones only by raiding bits and pieces of PalmOS (unlikely) to a complete new direction integrated with the browser technology (more likely) to business as usual plus new bundled software sales. I just hope they don't leave out the power users and developers, or keep them on hold so long that they jump ship. Uncertain times are like a ticking time bomb. But, then again, if they only care about feature phones, then they have nothing to fear from current users or developers.

I'm expecting PalmOS will be as strong as ever when it comes on Linux, but just in case, there's always Nokia and Win Mobile and even eventually "handtops" for current Palm users to fall back on if necessary. As long as the demand for mobile computing is growing, there will be someone to fill the need. I just hope there are legitimate options along side Microsoft!