View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 11:33 AM   #13
nerys
Addict
nerys began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500 - REB 1200
Yes I found that later last night VERY IMPRESSIVE alas they don't really work for my purposes. The tools are fantastic and do an amazing job but they only "really" work on files that are already legible and just are "hard" to read. if you simply can not read it it does not seem to be able to make it legible (alllllmost in landscape and some of it IS legible in landscape but I so hate landscape)

I am experimenting with aggressive cropping and then using his quite wonderful little program and it might work. but acrobat makes me manually crop each page seperately (no "fast" way to graphically crop) which kind of makes it more sensible to just read it on the computer since it would be faster than acrobat's method of cropping :-(

Grrrr :-)

ALL TEXT pdf's with lots of white space however come out FANTASTIC with his program. they are technically no more readable than without but SO much easier on the eyes !! I ran a whole bunch of files through it last night and its a very nice improvement alas it also has a bug. it keeps swapping the 1st and 2nd pages making page 2 page 1 :-( grrr :-)

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote