View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 08:33 AM   #1
CheriePie
Connoisseur
CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy S23+, Galaxy Tab S6
Access to intermediate HTML files used in conversion

I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere. A search didn't turn up an answer and I didn't feel like reading thru all the pages of the sticky FAQ in here again (plus that thread didn't come up in my search anyway).

So how do I get access to the intermediary HTML files that Calibre uses when converting from one format to another?

I've got a few books I'm converting from LIT to MOBI and I'd like to be able to override some of the CSS so that the paragraph styling happens on the actual book content and not all the up-front stuff. A few minor cosmetic changes and such.

Short of installing ABC Lit Converter or something, is there some way I can either have Calibre convert to HTML which I can then edit, or if not, at least leave the HTML files behind so that I can edit them by hand and then do the conversion from those? The 2nd option assuming that calibre can do a conversion from html to mobi/prc.

Thanks.
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote