View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 01:18 AM   #146
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
All good questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
However I guess the questions I have are these. Firstly, how would you identify that an ePub requires a particular remedy? Does tweak ePub also gain the ability to search across your library for books that fit certain criteria?
I'm thinking the search functions themselves would probably reside outside of this, so Quality Check might be the best place for them since it's all about searching and all 'changing' currently happens elsewhere.

Quote:
Secondly, tweak ePub is a single book feature. What about performing bulk operations? So you identify somehow a bunch of books that need certain actions applied, you don't really want to go through doing them one by one. It is almost like you would want a convert type of screen leading to the actions running as a background job. Or maybe like metadata download it is just a list of checkboxes of actions to perform...
Good point about bulk operations - I suppose this could go two ways - either expand the existing Tweak epub dialog, and the 'exploding' function needs to sanity check that only one epub was selected - alternatively expand Tweak Epub into a sub-menu, one option leads to the explode dialog, the other options lead to the conversion-like functions - that would probably make more sense if this started out as a plugin and was later integrated.

Quote:
Beyond the existing released jacket features of quality check I haven't coded any of the recent suggestions as yet so doing a separate plugin is no drama for me. Perhaps you may want to write it which would be one less thing for me to support. I would just like to be sure that however we split things out that the ability to do bulk searches and updates is retained.
I'm willing to do some of these epub specific tweaks, but I'm nowhere near as fast as you or some of the other guys, particularly with GUI work. XPGT files are working their way up pretty high on my priority list as I've been reading a lot more retail epub and library books lately, most of which suffer from this. It boggles me why the publishers are so insistent release ebooks that look like crap. I guess no one in the publishing houses actually reads ebooks...
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote