View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #12
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andurian View Post
Unfortunately, so far as I know the only way to deal with that is to manually go through and press return at the appropriate places.

Aside from writing a script that does what you do to determine where paragraphs end (look for short lines ending with sentence ending punctuation, basically) and add a ^p at that point...that would catch most of them, though it would likely also have a few false positives.

Anyone know whether there is a script like that out there somewhere?
Well, I figured when I retire and have no life and assuming no official version of these novels come out. I may actually sit down and go through and manually enter paragraph breaks myself. And then run the ^p^p thing...it's just 180k words...it's not a short novel at all. And there is a lot of dialogue.

I'm crossing my fingers for an offical release I can buy.

A script would be handy.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote