View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Exactly true. The mobi format should be treated like a binary file because that is what it is. KF8 is a compiled ePub. KF7 is proprietary compiled file. You wouldn't directly edit a binary executable and you shouldn't try and edit a compiled mobi.

Dale
Hi, Dale:

Actually, {blush}, I literally use, verbatim, something that I picked up here from Diap, I think it was, about mobi being a binary database file, etc., in my client communications. I copied and pasted it ...hell, I don't know how long ago, and it's been in my canned responses ever since. Because you haven't lived until you try to explain to a client why editing their "Kindle book" takes more time than editing in Word, particularly after they've watched all the happy-happy joy-joy videos about how you can just upload a Word file and auto-magically make the world's best-lookin' book. ;-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote