View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #34960
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Abu Simbal is awesome. Try and go on the second flight instead of the first. There are a lot fewer people on that second flight. .....
I am going to guess that tourism is down enough that you will have many of the temples to yourself.

I don't think you will be allowed to go off on your own. .........

With all that is happening now and an overall desire to avoid bad PR in the West, I will be very surprised if you are allowed to wander on your own.
Thanks.
Yes, I know I have to be careful, as women, also Egyptian, are harassed in Caïro. I will take care when touring the bazaars.
Tourism is down now, but I wanted to go for a long time and was a bit shocked when the archeological museum in Caïro was looted last year, without my having seen it previously.

Well, I will be fine, I think. I survived Central Asia this year, with the many infamous border crossings and the Torugart pass. http://www.advantour.com/kyrgyzstan/torugart-pass.htm
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote