View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 05:17 AM   #4
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
I fly to Pattaya about three times per year. Last September was the last trip I made without an e-book reader. I took about 6 real books, read them, and bought several more in the mediocre Pattaya bookstores. I abandoned them all in the hotel room when I left, to save on weight. I figured that little exercise cost me about $200.

On my first trip with a Sony Reader, loaded with about 90 ebooks - I spent nothing on books the whole trip, and always had something of interest to read.

To keep my Sony safe: it's stored in a cake tin in my carry-on bag when I fly, and sealed in a ziploc bag when on the beach.

I'm really proud of the cake tin: cost only $4.95 (including a cake), it's rugged, and large enough to include basic stationery and spectacle case. And when it's closed, it doesn't look like it's worth stealing. (Unless you're a cake thief).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fruitcake tin.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	14186  
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote