View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #15
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Quickly build an inline TOC from headings (although I personally don't care to use html lists for this, it will still be useful to get the bulk of the heavy-lifting done quickly... and regex can always take care of the personalizing).

EDIT: A quick note on the Build In-line Toc feature. I don't know if this is expected behavior or not, but when I use it on an epub that has an existing toc.xhtml file, the newly generated code replaces the existing code in that file. Not very surprising, really. What is a bit surprising is that there's no visual indication (asterisk in the title-bar) that the ePub has any unsaved changes afterward... and when Sigil is closed, there is no prompt/warning to save/discard the changes (which are, in fact, gone when you reopen the ePub).
The Generate Inline TOC will overwrite any file that has a guide semantic of TOC, and if none are found it will create a toc.html file and mark it as TOC.

The lack of the save warning is an issue and I can duplicate it - thanks, we'll look into correcting this (and the same issue with Link Stylesheets).

As for lists - what do you use, just indented paragraphs? (I assume that's what calibre uses when converting). I'm open to changing the format of the file (and even changing it to toc.xhtml) - this was just a first version to get feedback.

And while testing out a replace of the li items in the TOC it seems I found a bug with Replace All in Current File that crept in sometime, and will be fixed for the next beta release (Replace and Replace All in HTML files seems ok).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Actually, it is valid XHTML and supported in ePUB2 according to the specs. No problems there. It does work with 0.5.3, so I am a little surprised it doesn't work anymore in 0.5.9.
Book View is a completely different editor now. It 'should' work as it is, but isn't and is still being looked at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
1) I updated the CSS
margin-top: to .5em; (from 0
Bookview would not show the change. I exited and reloaded (after checking in the stable version) and it now showed the change.

2) Sigil is now not remembering the Main Window position between uses. (I run multi-head with the main editing done on Portrait oriented, Monitor 3 and detached Bookbrowser and TOC on Monitor 2. MR is on Monitor 1 ) The detached windows are where I left them.
1) Known issue - you have to exit Sigil and reload to get it to re-read the CSS changes. Not sure if this will be fixed for 0.6.0

2) Seems ok on Linux but needs checking on Windows

Keep them coming