View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #34
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
this is EXACTLY the size and device I have been wanting for my work references....EPD panels would be a preference for obvious reasons but this will be FINE. Now all that is needed is actual quality software from Linsux developers. Sorry but Linsux software is 99.9% a waste of electrons.
What Software have you been using? I use Ubuntu and Xandros Presto on my laptops and I am quite pleased with the software available. Open office is much less bloaty and much more snappy than MSOffice, Evince kicks the crud out of Adobe Reader, Calibre is a bit snappier on linux (at least IME), the Kobo eReader Beta is pretty nice, and I generally have much better security and stability than I do on the Windows PCs I've used. Oh, and FBReader. I love FBReader. I'm not a gamer, so that may be what you're complaining about. In terms of practical applications, I have nothing but praise for the Linux distros that I've used (Puppy, Xandros, etc.). I was even able to set up my scanner and install OCR software easily in an ill-fated (i.e. tedious) attempt to digitize my library.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote