View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
tags / series case sensitive sort

Hi Kovid,
a quick question / request. when i check the drop-down lists in the meta-date dialogue for tags and series, the sort order is case-sensitive. that is, the list looks like :

tags :
A...
B...
(...)
Z...
a...
b...
(...)
z...

is there a way to sort alphabetically without case sensitivity ? i'm starting to have quite a lot of tags (and a few series as well), and since some of them are added by the editeur of the book and some are my own, the cases are inconsistent. i often find myself looking for a tag about "Action" in the beginning of the list with the As and not find it, only to remember it might be "action" all the way down past the Zs...

then there's the problem that i might have "Action" *and* "action" (i do, in fact) ; if i just do a keyword search in calibre, both of them come up, but i think it might create 2 separate collections (not sure, haven't checked that), which is not optimal ! (already i've got to sort out "action" vs. "action & adventure" and "mystery" vs. "Mystery" vs. "Mystery & Crime"... my library needs a bit more organising i see... it would be great to be able to merge tags and automatically rename everything to one standard as well !!)

thanks !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote