View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #104
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by void_warranty View Post
suspect a kernel module's missing.

I also swapped my internal SD card for a 32G one, and it's working fine - storage settings is showing that I have 27.66GB available space, yay! I dd'ed the original SD card's contents onto one plugged into the external slot (as luck would have it, the Sandisk 8G speed 4 card I had handy was a perfect match for what the Kobo has inside). Disassembled the Vox to swap in my copy and it booted just fine, so I bought a 32G speed 10 SD card and repeated the dd. On a netbook running Ubuntu Linux that has an SD card slot, I extended partition #4 to include the extra space. Disassembled my Vox yet again and popped it in... seems to work fine!

John
John, I am an idiot about Linux, but I can learn. I also have Linux on a USB stick so I can boot into Linux on one of my PCs. Could you please do a step-by-step for people like me who might want to do this. As an aside, at one point, with earlier eINK Kobo devices, we had to create a Linux SD card to beta test. If I could learn to do that, I am pretty sure I can learn to do this.

Thanks.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote