View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #104
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Gary,

I've taken another look at your config file you posted. Some things inside it have got out of sync with each other.

For instance you had your "{Current}" setting set to a setting called "ShortFantasy". However there is no "ShortFantasy" saved setting. Instead there is one stored as "ShortSciFi" that has a "name" value of "ShortFantasy". The key and the name should all be the same.

Once the config file gets messed up, it is unsurprising you then have issues with trying to save/remove config items as per the subsequent errors you got.

As for the status message hanging around, what I have done is replaced the cover generation with a progress dialog, like I do for Quality Check etc. So that will give you better feedback.

To fix your config file, close calibre, open the config file and then look for the line that says "SavedSettings". In all the sections that follow that, it should have things that look like this:
Code:
"SavedSettings": {
    "ShortSF": {
        ... may be some stuff...
        "name": "ShortSF"
    },
Make sure that for all of these that the values in red match for each of your saved settings. Be careful that you are within the right setting. If you want me to fix it for you just attach it to a post here and I will do it.

As to why it got in that state, I can't replicate it. I don't know how long ago you created that "ShortFantasy" or "ShortSciFi" settings, but perhaps it was with an old version that has since had the problem fixed. Get your config file sorted out, then try again.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote