View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #103
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
The nagging over saving changes when switching happens for two reasons. The first is if you have made a genuine change to the setting, which is the desired behaviour. The second is where due to a long ago version upgrade you are missing a subsetting in one of your saved profiles. The solution to this is to go through each of your profiles, change some setting, click save, then change the setting back and click save again.
Kiwidude,

I opted to try and delete all the existing books because of cross-confusion. On a couple, including fantasy, I had pressed save from the first tab. I believe my sequence probably screwed things up from the start. I found I could delete all but two of them. They generated an error:
Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.8.4
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'ShortHorror'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.dialogs", line 359, in remove_setting
KeyError: u'ShortHorror'

I just left them there and proceded to create a brand-new set of covers, following the same procedure. ADD, give it a new name (starting with an underscore), selected an image from the list, then to the Fonts tab and changed background colour and raised or lowered one font size. Then I selected SAVE from that tab. Went back to Settings tab and repeated the rinse and wash cycle. Took about three minutes. And everything seems to work.

One request, I had a bunch of my old bridge columns to do covers for and I discovered after the fact that I could multi-select and hit the button. Most excellent. But it took a while to process the 65 covers in that lot. At least I thought it did. In reality, I was still focused on the Generating 65 covers message in the lower left, rather than the jobs flasher in the bottom right. Dunnnh! Is is possible to clear that message when finished?

Thanks again for all of your help. GM
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote