View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #45
Billsuits1
Connoisseur
Billsuits1 is a jewel in the roughBillsuits1 is a jewel in the roughBillsuits1 is a jewel in the roughBillsuits1 is a jewel in the roughBillsuits1 is a jewel in the roughBillsuits1 is a jewel in the roughBillsuits1 is a jewel in the roughBillsuits1 is a jewel in the roughBillsuits1 is a jewel in the roughBillsuits1 is a jewel in the roughBillsuits1 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
It's a great show.

I thought the whole thing with Selden was weird too. They didn't really give a reason for it.
Seldon was needed for two reasons.

1) There needed a way to show that a real hound was at work. There needed to be someone who would wear Sir Henry's clothes and then die. The house keepers gave Seldon the clothes. This shows that it is not a legend but a real animal.

2) The reader had to be shown how Holmes was on in Dartmoor at the same time events Watson was relaying information. He is shown as the Moon rises behind him when Sir Henry and Watson are out hunting the convict.

THOB is my favorite book of all time. I've read it many times and also listened to the librivox collection over and over again.

Last edited by Billsuits1; 10-27-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Billsuits1 is offline   Reply With Quote