View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 12:21 AM   #69
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Don Imus ROX! But The Bible is the all time bestseller and always will be!!! But I think in a cage match God would take Imus to the MAT!

I just downlaoded that BD program. hmm.. A little more complicated than Harry's document indicates.. Learning curve here. I may go back to RTF files.. I dont have this kind of time. My wife is getting a little peeved. It sounds as if I can use rtf to get text onto my reader so I can read in a slightly messy format the H'Potter fanfics and bible text... or blogs or whatever. (Which is really all I want to do) but it wont be 'fancy' like the book designer program. So I guess I'll probably, because of time constraints, just use it to create the 'books' of just constant text and leave it up to you experts to create the works of art!

I'm looking forward to the Pilgrims Progress book by the way.

If I devoted a few days I could be cooking on that Book Designer program but why duplicate all the hard work others have already done? Most of the books I want on Gutenburg are already in sony files at Manybooks, and you guys have done more books than I'll read in 5 years.

It reminds me a bit of the program Microsoft links 2001 golf. It came with the 'course desingner tool' the exact same program the microsoft programmers use to create golf courses to be played on the program. Enthusiasts then created some unbelieveable courses and posted them online to download. I downloaded dozens and one day tried the program myself. It takes 5 to 6 hundred hours to create a golf course and the program was immense. I gave it up after 5 hours realizing my pathetic attempts could never come close to what people were posting. So.. I just enjoyed the fruits of their labor instead.
I'm afraid thats what I'll probably do here. Until I retire....

Many thanks to all who do work so hard on all these books. I'm not going to give up on book designer just yet but I've been on the computer WWWAAAYYY more than I usually am these last few days.

Roy

Last edited by Roy White; 05-14-2007 at 02:15 AM.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote