Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #835
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
I still get the occasional double-page-turn on the Aura (running firmware 2.5.1), but in a distinctively visible way. I do a normal page-turn tap, then it shows half a page of text for about half a second (half blank), then the next page. I would guess that it's processing a double-tap at too short an interval to completely display the intended next page before it moves to the page after that.

I can't understand why Kobo doesn't fix this issue once and for all in the simplest possible way. There is no way that anyone intends to double-page-turn that quickly. A simple interval check in the page-turn code would solve the problem, like keyboard de-bouncers have been doing for decades. Is the lack of a fix because they get the reader code from somebody else (like Adobe) and don't have control over it?
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote