View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Oh, Natch, thank you for that story. I have not been having a very good day, but I paused and laughed for 5 minutes without stopping.

And I don't like squirrels much either. They dig holes in my garden and dig up the pots of bulbs on my patio, taking exactly one bite out of each, ruining them forever. And they raid the bird table and scare off the birds. I've taken to sprinkling the birdseed with chilli or cayenne powder. The birds don't mind but the squirrels sneeze. Occasionally I open the back door, when the creatures are particularly annoying (say, by digging up some tender plants) and shout, "F*** off squirrell!" but they just look at me in a taunting way. I'm planning to buy a water pistol ...
(P.S. I don't usually swear, except at computers and squirrels.)
(P.P.S. These are the common grey squirrels. I would be more charitable to red squirrels because they are endangered in the UK. Does this make me a speciesist?)
heh, my dad has a vendetta against the squirrels in his garden. they eat his apples, you see. and not just the occasional one or two devoured completely : they take a bite out of EVERY apple on his young and not yet very productive tree. it absolutely infuriates him. he's convinced they've formed some kind of deliberate conspiracy against him and his apples. he swears at them quite a bit as well.

i admit that personally, not having a garden myself (i live in the city, squirrels are like novelty wildlife i see occasionally in parks), i find them highly amusing and pretty cute. but i sense that i am in the minority.

the first time i read that story, i litterally laughed so hard i couldn't see for the tears of laughter, and my stomach muscles were still sore hours later.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote