Thread: New guy
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #13
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Which ASUS netbook do you have, by the way? I've got a 901, which doesn't have fbreader (though apparently a previous version of its particularly strange OS/app package did), and I have a certain degree of paranoia when it comes to trying to install anything on that odd little computer. The process isn't like anything I'm familiar with, and as much as I like the convenience of its simple function-oriented UI on top of some kind of mutant Xandros, I'm getting seriously tempted to throw some other distro on there just so I can actually install stuff that works. It's a very bizarre feeling to have a Linux machine over which I have less control than Windows. Also, the fact that ASUS's "software" source is 99% links to random unrelated websites pisses me off. I love my "kneetop", as I call it, but I really want to grab someone at ASUS by the throat and shake hard.
Do yourself a favor and banish the EEEXandros thing from your computer. Some flavor of Ubuntu or tne new Jolicloud distro should fulfill your needs much better than the horrible toy-OS preinstalled with eee.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote