Thread: iPad Speed Reading Apps
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
I have used a couple - Quickreader and Fastr. They help, to a point. My speed increased from about 250 wpm to 350-400 initially, but I can't seem to break that barrier. I do read websites and non fiction a lot faster than fiction, but that is because there is more skimming. That said, I did read more this past year than I ever have in my life, but I think it is more a matter of carving out time for it and blocking out other distractions.

Here is another thread about this from not long ago: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=222963
Thanks for that I missed that thread.

I agree with one or two of them, I would only speedread for basic info. To me, to speedread a book I am reading for pleasure would destroy all it's enjoyment.....reading slowly immerses me into the story.

So I think I will forget that download !!
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote