View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #19
goesta
goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo
Unhappy Footnotes on Glo

Hi, this is my experience so far (also with Discworld books), and driving me batty. Let me know if anyone has come up with a workaround (other than randomly changing font size until the number happens to be in the right place).

Kobo states that you tap on the underlined number, which takes you to the end note (no footnotes yet in ebooks, period), then select the return icon to go back to the main text. They seem to have forgotten that you ALSO tap to turn the page. So, if the footnote number happens to land in one of the vertical areas used to turn the page, you're out of luck. I've sent Kobo an email about this, with the (rather obvious) suggestion that the footnote hotspot should be prioritized over the page turn bar. So far no response. Another solution could be I guess to have a settings option to require a swipe for a page turn, or a double tap.

Frankly, I can't believe this hasn't been addressed, it's not like footnotes are a negligible quirk in the world of book publishing.

Does anyone have this issue on a Kindle Touch/Paperwhite?
goesta is offline   Reply With Quote