View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #71
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Morkl - dare I ask when we'll be able to change the reader.xml settings from within your modified app? If adding extra config screens to the existing Reader app isn't scalable I would certainly be very happy with a separate app to change the settings.

For a couple of wishlist items:

On my 350, if I go to the not-first page of the TOC, do something else, and return to the TOC, I go to the last page of the TOC I was looking at. On the T1, you always return to the first page of the TOC. I often use the TOC to work out how far until the end of the current chapter.

Another nice feature of PRS+ is the ability to change the mappings of keys. For example, I re-map a long-press-on-home to go to the TOC (see above for how I use this). Do you think this sort of thing is possible?

Cheers,
Simon.
Keeping track of last visited TOC page, noted.

Key mappings is definitely possible; I just have to figure out the key event handling first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Regarding wishlist items for the reader app...

... At the moment selecting a new custom font remaps both the 4 serif and 4 sans-serif @font-faces to the selected custom font. Some ebooks deliberately style passages of text as font-family: sans-serif or monospace for emphasis. It would be good not to lose these. In my css/style.css file I have remapped all 3 generic font-families (serif, sans-serif, monospace) and I was pleasantly surprised to find that when I select a new custom font (via the reader app) the monospace custom font is retained. I thought it would be quite nice to have an option (in reader.xml) to NOT remap the 4 sans-serif @font-faces. In this way sans-serif styling would not only be retained when selecting a font other than 'Original' but would also be displayed in custom sans-serif font of choice.

In addition, +1 for this. A shortcut access to the TOC would be very nice

P.S. I hope you don't regret starting this development work... the requests may keep on coming
I just replicated the default behaviour when implementing the custom fonts. I guess each font (as selectable in the font selector) should have separate monospace and sans-serif definitions, so one could define serif/sans-serif/monospace triplets that look good together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pssquirrel View Post
I have been following this thread with great interest, but must admit that almost everything except the CSS discussion is going over my head. At this point I have one very basic question: Do I understand correctly that I need a PC to install the modified Reader? I cannot do it using a Mac? Thx!
It might be possible to install it manually, by putting everything in the "installer/sdcard" folder and the "installer/PRS-T1 Updater.package" file in the root of the internal storage, then rebooting into recovery mode (holding home+back while starting). I haven't tried it myself though.
Morkl is offline   Reply With Quote