View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 04:36 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by astromusic View Post
Well, pilotbob, you make a good point. But, many people (including myself) cannot read in the car because it makes us nauseous. Audiobooks are great, but more expensive for casual use. I am a gold member of Audible.com, but I find myself only using it for books I want to keep for a long time, since they are more expensive. I don't know about libraries in Florida, but in California, their selection sucks big.
I understand the not being able to read in the car thing. I just don't think I could take the TTS for more than 5 minutes.

SO, you listen to more than 1 audible book a month? I guess you do alot of driving?

Have you looking into the NYPL? You can get a non-resident card for $100 a year. They have a great ebook selection... I think they also have audio books.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote