View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by andavane View Post
Greetings:
I've spent about 3 hours trying to get a good presentation of some of George Orwell's essays into a good form to read on my Cybook Gen3:
http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwe...9e/part47.html

I downloaded the text from Gutenberg, then pasted it into OpenOffice and saved as html. It read on the reader, but all sentences were "bitty". After fiddling around I feel confused.

I'm sure there are good tools for achieving my ends on this forum, but I probably can't find them for looking.

Looking forward to learning a bit of the know-how, or to having a pointer to the area I should be looking at.

Regards

John
Not sure what you mean by "bitty" but if you mean the text was too small, you should be able to modify the font size in Open Office. For the Gen3, I personally would ssve as .DOC from Open Office and then use Mobipocket Creator (free DL from Mobipocket - for your Windows PC). Mobipocket Creator will accept the .DOC file and create a .PRC file which your Gen3 can read. Also your Gen3 should be able to show a PRC file in about a dozen font sizes. Check the manual on how to do this.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote