View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Calibre
auto-deleting duplicates

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
An Orphan is a book that has no (longer a) matching record in Calibre.
Okay, so I'm not talking about orphans.
Quote:
Duplicates are the same book (ID)
I think this is what I'm talking about. By "duplicate" you mean the files intrinsically are the same (would have the same checksum) but are named different and/or have different metadata associated with them?
Quote:
Doubles (I made this name up) are 2 different copies of the same title
Yes, detecting and deleting everything of the same title would be the easiest way to do what I'm trying to accomplish.
Quote:
There is a Find Duplicates PI that will help locate these in you Library
I thought so; I'll have to re-find it.
Quote:
I know if you right click a title in the regular Library view, Delete offers you choices , I don't remember seeing those options in find duplicates
Yes, I know I can do it manually, but it seems Calibre would be able to tell when there're 2 (or more) of the same format for a duplicate book. Or, better, realize that the metadata has changed and delete the old files and directory structure of the device corresponding to the book with the old metadata.
Geremia is offline   Reply With Quote