View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #15
Kemp
Zealot
Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Eeesh, didn't mean to cause any offense. My awareness regarding their promises was not complete, and I and the other indies still don't have any concrete notion as to why they were briefly available for free before being yanked and put back as normal. My paranoia was running a little high when all of those books became unavailable.

Though I don't doubt Amazon's promise, and wishing no offense upon my fellow indy-pubbers, it seems likely that many would not notice a yank. The statistic for actual readers of free books is like 5-10% of downloads, so a disappearing freebie would seem less likely to cause a stink. On the other hand, the corporate giant stomping all over the itty bitty indies wouldn't look so good either...
Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote