View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #10
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_73 View Post
Well, that kind of sucks. How old is my 600??? I've been using it for about 7 months and it's allready "old".

Not exactly how you keep your customers happy.

I get it when they say they won't put out anything for 500/505. At some point, gadgets seem to be meant to be replaced. But 7 months???
I'm a bit baffled by this myself.

Sony recently offered an ePUB update for the PRS-500 for free, and it was a hardware change. That's real money there, not just the hardware and labor, but the shipping too.

A firmware update should be very simple for them to produce. I don't see any limiting factor, unless it's contractual with Adobe (who really deserves our ire at this, and the 3 different DRM schemes for ePUB).

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote