View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #25
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Arc
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinRummy View Post
Hello all. As I posted in your other thread I just bought the white 16G Arc from the Chapters store in Sherwood Park, AB.

I have been having a terrible time trying to decide whether or not to buy an e-reader as I view my book collection as a measure of my personal wealth and have been resisting the technological advance away from the printed form. I wish publishers would include a digital copy of the book along with the hard copy just as some dvd and blu-ray distributors are doing, sigh.

Before I tangent off into oblivion, my first impressions are that this new toy of mine has everything I expected and then some. I decided I wanted a reader that was bigger than what seems to be trending, smaller and lighter, and the Arc is approx. the size and weight of a decent sized paperback so when I am lying in bed head facing sideways on my pillow reading myself to sleep every night I won't be straying far from the comfort zone I have become accustomed to with print. I had some minor hiccups trying to update it during the original setup and ended up calling customer service after the 8th failed update download, I was very surprised and pleased that a pleasant caribbean female cs rep answered immediately and of course the device chose that exact moment to succeed with the update so I felt a bit foolish but glad to find out that the customer service was so fast and articulate.

All the extra things it comes with as a tablet are great, Ive found an app that lets me upload files to it over wifi as the only cable it came with is the charger, no usb to plug into my laptop but those are cheap and easy to find.

So far I am more than pleased with the product and glad to see a company rep making himself accessible here, thanks Robin.
I'm happy you're happy. We are actively making sure no one else has any update issues. I apologize for the less than stellar first experience but I'm happy the rest of the experience seemed to win you over
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote