View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #212
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
You do not need to set the framerate in ffmpeg unless piping to a file. The gmplay code already limits the framerate to 130ms/frame, and that rate propagates up the chain to ffmpeg which automagically adapts to the ~7.7 FPS speed.

Perhaps limiting the framerate in two places in the chain is the problem? I think I published the commands I used, somewhere in this thread...

The K3 can barely play a 640x480 divx in real time using ffmpeg. A K4 or K5 can even decode and play 1080p streams without a problem. At least my static-linked ffmpeg did that... The K3 spends almost all its time inside the eink update in the system code. The K4 and K5 spend much less time in eink updates.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-26-2012 at 09:00 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote