View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #6
frui
Connoisseur
frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle dx
The case in need of a case:

I was travelling to US by plane. I brought with me a Hanlin V3, which caught quite a lot eyeballs among my companions. After an hour's reading I felt a bit sleepy, and I tucked the V3 into the magazine bag behind the chair in front of me. I woke up, retrieved the V3, and found it cracked. I must have attacked it with my knees in my dream. The V3 is protected by a leather jacket which has iron plate in it! Now my wonderful journey was quite ruined by this incident in the very beginning. The repairment of the screen costed me 3 months and 1200 rmb, which is over half the price of a new machine. Do I have a trauma of the soft, tender, and delicate e-ink screen?

There is an old Chinese parable about a man who bought a jewellery with a beautiful box. He liked the box so much that he gave the jewellery back to the seller. I quite like this guy, but I will keep my kindle.
frui is offline   Reply With Quote