View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #40
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I told you it was a stupid reason

Let me be clear though, I won't give anyone a hard time for reading an Oprah book. I will never make fun of someone for what they are reading. As long as someone is reading, I'm happy. But if you tell me you never read and you hate to read, that bothers me.

I don't think it was a stupid reason at all. Look at her audience. The slack-jawed adoration. The near hysterical "OPRAH!"'s. The mass hysteria when she 'gives' something to the audience.

These women cannot think for themselves, and love to be told what to read, buy, and think.

Reading a book because some celebrity says you should and you want to be part of that 'special' group is pretty near as bad as not reading at all.

I"m sure there will be many on this board who will strongly disagree.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote