View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I love calibre, but If I just spent a long time getting the ePub's code into the shape I wanted, an epub to epub conversion with calibre is going to literally destroy a big chunk of my work.

Just a side-note... I'd be interested in the reverse of this idea as well: finding orphaned classes assigned to elements in the xhtml that aren't represented in the stylesheet.
I guess I'm just lucky. Calibre has never screwed up any of my epubs, although I keep my original just in case. Of course I don't do anything more complicated than a table (which is pretty complicated for me). No linked footnotes or such.

Actually it kinda does do the reverse. The typos I was talking about are misspelled labels (classes?) that will cause Calibre to create a label for me. Since Calibre always uses "calibreXX" as labels and the output is in alphabetical order they are easy to spot and fix (all of my labels are descriptive). When I go to the label created by Calibre I normally find that it has replaced something like class="txet" instead of "text".

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote