View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 03:00 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
They're not charging for the content. They're charging for the service. Anytime you pay for an ebook or MP3, you're not paying for the content. It only takes a small amount of effort to find it free in the darknet. Instead, you're paying so you don't have to go looking for it. That is a service.
Umm you dont have to find newsweek on the darknet, it's available for free online from newsweek.com. The amount of effort it takes to write code to convert that to an ebook is minimal and onetime. I have been reading newsweek for free, every week on my sony reader for a year, at the click of a button, and so have many other users of libprs500. So Amazon is charging you for saving you from the effort of clicking a button and connecting your reader to the computer, once a week. Like I said the Amazon Swindle.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote