View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #30
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Why? And isn't it hard to finds people nowadays that do not create for a living? I have not noticed that computer programmers (who create for a living) has a higher reactivity to stressors.
Hmmm... I think that I am trying to make a distinction based on the more traditional arts endeavors, rather than creating things like code. I know that code writers quite frequently are doing artisically slanted things, but I was more talking about the brain types who have to write, draw, perform, compose, etc or they have a build ou pf creative energy that just has to be released. Think Andy Warhol, who was always drawing, or writing, or photographing, or drinking to excess. No middle switches, just on or off. Your computer programmer in your example would be more apt to create code for a while, but then would not HAVE to keep going, no matter what.

Of course, a programmer who can't stop coding no matter what, would be in the same realm as the creative types I am talking about.

This is, I guess, the upper one to two standard deviation creative brain types that I am talking about.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote