View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #184
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele View Post
Blossom: see above. Maybe that'll work for you.

Thank you to all the patient people here who've answered my many questions. You'll be relieved to hear that I’m done with my current Amazon quest. I want to preface this with the fact that I’ve done very frequent business with Amazon for 12 years now, but have only returned fewer than 10 defective items in all this time":
Current 2-week final tally:
Kindle Paperwhite – returned, defective
Kindle Paperwhite replacement – returned, defective
Paperwhite case – returned, no longer needed
Kindle Fire HD 7” – returned, defective
Kindle Fire case – returned, no longer needed
Grantwood book light – returned, defective
Lighted case for Kindle 3 – returned, not as bright as advertised
MightyBright travel booklight – kept
-----------------------------------------------
Net result? One cheap booklight.
Now I’m waiting for a ton of refunds.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry -- my saga continues...

I had returned the Grantwood booklight, which is powered via the Kindle Keyboard contacts, because it crashed my KK, requiring a reset. The manufacturer contacted me to say that they would replace the light, but cautioned me that this cannot be the fault of the booklight -- rather, typically the fault of the Kindle contacts, requiring a replacement of the Kindle. I'm waiting for a replacement of the light, and am dreading how this is likely to work out. My KK warranty is up in a couple of weeks.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote