View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #46
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
On the index wikis, links to other wiki pages are different from links to the forum. The are of the form:

[[Wiki_Topic|optional clickable description]] : optional non-clickable text

There should never be a URL containing "wiki.mobileread.com" in it. I recently fixed one (but it took me multiple attempts to get the extra description added to it so it looked good. The colon ":" helps...
Examples of that are hard to find at the moment for our new user.
But those will be the only type in the GM Master Index (if A.T. agrees to code this for us).

I will not waste the reader's time with how long it took me to find a way to put a blank line into an indented text box, rather than have two boxs.

Another thought:
Every Wiki page has a "Discussion" page behind it. That could be used for some more: How/When/What/Where/Why verbiage.

But who ever RTFM? The examples already in front of someone after they click 'edit' should do the job of explanation.

And since you can edit a (sub-)section at a time, the more detailed the index, the easier it is to edit.

Hint: Adding a new (sub-)section to a page ::
Just bring up the preceding (sub-)section, put the new entry at the bottom, save. Now you have the new (empty) (sub-)section edit entry point.

Last edited by knc1; 06-13-2012 at 05:09 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote